PRIVACY NOTICE FOR UNITED STATES EMPLOYEES CONTRACTORS AND JOB APPLICANTS
What Personal Information we collect about you and why?
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular employee or household. Personal Information does not include information that does not and cannot reveal an individual’s specific identity, such as information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
We collect, store, and use the following types of Personal Information for the purposes set out below:
- We collect Contact Information (such as your name, telephone number, and email address, and the name, telephone, and email address of your designated emergency contact) in order to contact you (with relevant information via mail) or your designated emergency contact in the event of a work-related accident or illness.
- We collect Professional/Employment Information and Education Information (such as your resume or CV, transcript, and references) in order to evaluate your application for a position with Acosta.
- We collect Payroll and Benefits Information (such as your bank account details, payroll records, tax status information, and pension information) in order to administer aspects of your employment, including reviewing and managing your performance, salary, and compensation; paying and administering your salary, bonus, incentive plans, family leave pay, sick pay, insurance, and other benefits; and reviewing or making decisions about your employment.
- We collect Identity Verification Information (such as your name, date of birth, address, and social security number) in order to administer aspects of your employment and to comply with legal obligations or company policies, including preventing corruption and crimes and confirming your legal work status.
- We collect Protected Classifications under the law (such as your age, gender, race or ethnicity; health information, including any medical condition, health and sickness records, or injuries; criminal convictions and offenses in accordance with applicable law; disability status; and pregnancy) in order to comply with legal obligations or company policies, including record-keeping required by law or company policy; and ensuring meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
- Any other information you provide us in the context of your employment in order to administer aspects of your employment or to comply with legal obligations or company policies.
We may also use the Personal Information that we collect from employees, contractors, and job applicants for legitimate business purposes, such as: assessing or executing mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or business transfers; managing business tools and information technology systems, including computers, mobile phones provided by the company, Internet and software access, email accounts, etc.; managing disputes and disciplinary proceedings; and contacting you or your household when needed.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information
We may share your information with our clients as necessary for product or sample shipments to your home and certain service providers that provide recruiting services, benefits and payroll administration and other human resources related services.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we do so, we will make an updated copy available to all employees, contractors, and job applicants.